[Fwd: Re: [users@httpd] SSL in Apache 2.2.0]

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Feb 7 13:58:32 PST 2006

--On February 7, 2006 3:55:32 PM +0100 Kövesdán Gábor
<gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu> wrote:

> this is the copy of the mail I wrote to the Apache users mailig list. One
> of the developers say that he can't reproduce my issue. Maybe the error
> is in my environment or in the apache22 port, I don't know, but I'd like
> to ask you to help me investigate this. My config files are available
> online: http://tux.t-hosting.hu/config.bz2
> Even the certs and the private key are included. I have FreeBSD 5.3 on an
> amd64 production machine. As you can see the problem is that apache 2.2
> doesn't start if I enbale SSLEngine on globally, and there's no error
> message. If enabled only in a VirtualHost block, it starts but I get that
> error message I wrote in the mail.
> Could somebody try to reproduce this, please?

I reproduced it a while ago, but I was working on a production server and
needed to get it back up and running, so I just reverted to 1.3.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member