FreeBSD Port: acroread7-7.0.8,1

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Tue Aug 8 16:01:01 UTC 2006

>  First, the reason why the Adobe Reader plugin does not work is
>  linuxpluginwrapper (probably you installed) does not support it yet.
>  This has been submitted as ports/101420, too.
>
>  I do not believe removing a bogus 0-byte file at /compat/linux/dev/null
>  has an impact on the stability.... Can you reproduce the locking up?
>  Does it happen only when using acroread?
>
> --
> | Hiroki SATO

But I removed all of /compat/linux/dev/ as you specified, so could it
be possible that some of those other entries were important?  I
reinstalled linux_base-fc-4_6 but the dev directory didn't get
reinstalled.

I only had one freeze today, when I clicked on a pdf link in my
browser.  Since then I have removed the soft link to the acroread
browser plugin from /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins.  I believe a
freeze occurred last Friday when I was editing a text document in
Openoffice, but I can't remember exactly what I was doing.

Joey