FreeBSD Port: acroread7-7.0.8,1

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 8 15:42:48 UTC 2006

"Joey Mingrone" <joey at mingrone.org> wrote
  in <f5b896260608080809h4bf2e0b9t50f5d9362484643c at mail.gmail.com>:

jo> Another update:  Since removing the directory above I have been having
jo> system stability problems.  My system has been locking up requiring a
jo> hard reboot.  I suspect the change with the dev directory might be the
jo> culprit, because my system was up for several months before this.
jo> Another possibility could be the firefox plugin for acroread is
jo> causing problems.  I noticed that the browser plugin no longer works
jo> since the upgrade.  I've just now removed the plugin hoping that it
jo> will fix the problem.  Has anyone else mention a problem to you?  Do
jo> you have any more suggestions?

 First, the reason why the Adobe Reader plugin does not work is
 linuxpluginwrapper (probably you installed) does not support it yet.
 This has been submitted as ports/101420, too.

 I do not believe removing a bogus 0-byte file at /compat/linux/dev/null
 has an impact on the stability.... Can you reproduce the locking up?
 Does it happen only when using acroread?