Acrobat - linuxpluginwrapper broken again?

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Sun Aug 6 22:21:30 UTC 2006

I updated Acroread to version 7.0.8 from the earlier 7.0.x along with
Gnome and many other things.  After I finished, Acroread would no longer
work in linuxpluginwrapper -- it would not be recognized as a plugin in
either Firefox or Epiphany.  I updated libmap.conf to point to the right
places, the files exist and with the right permissions.  I tried it both
with symlinks and direct links to nppdf.so and there was no difference
(not surprising).

Did this break again?  I note that nppdf.so has not been updated.

The good news is Acroread now works with linux-opera, which is new at
least for me.  It also works fine from the command line.

The system is 6.1-R-p3/Gnome 2.14.3.

Frank