HEADS-UP: DESTDIR support committed to Mk/

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 5 08:32:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 10:39:15AM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am pleased to announce, that portmgr committed my patch for ports
> > infrastructure DESTDIR support today. Note that this support is only for
>
> Thanks for your work. It's highly appreciated.
> The feature was discussed for years but no real progress had been done.
>
> But a little number of ports will respect DESTDIR out of box. Some ports
> can be easily converted, for some ports it will be a hard work and a few
> ports will never be done.
>
> So, a question still arise: how could we warn user a port does not
> respect DESTDIR if he've defined it?
>
> E.g. we could use DESTDIR_READY=yes in a port Makefile if it's tested
> with DESTDIR.

I prefer to turn that logic around, but a run on pointyhat will have to
confirm how the number of working and non-working ports are. I am hoping
that most ports just DTRT, so we can mark the rest NO_DESTDIR or
similar. But yes, such a mechanism has to be worked on.

-erwin
--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk