HEADS-UP: DESTDIR support committed to Mk/

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 5 06:39:53 UTC 2006

Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce, that portmgr committed my patch for ports
> infrastructure DESTDIR support today. Note that this support is only for

Thanks for your work. It's highly appreciated.
The feature was discussed for years but no real progress had been done.

But a little number of ports will respect DESTDIR out of box. Some ports
can be easily converted, for some ports it will be a hard work and a few
ports will never be done.

So, a question still arise: how could we warn user a port does not
respect DESTDIR if he've defined it?

E.g. we could use DESTDIR_READY=yes in a port Makefile if it's tested
with DESTDIR.

PS. And I'd like to note we should change PREFIX with TARGETDIR in
*_COOKIE variables too. It will reasonable.

--
Dixi.
Sem.