HEADS UP: GNOME 2.14 being merged into the tree

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Apr 30 13:32:27 UTC 2006

Quoting Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>:

> On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 18:21 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>> At this late stage of the 5.5/6.1 release cycle, it was deemed that none
>> of the packages were going to be rebuilt, so we have been given
>> permission to merge GNOME 2.14 into the ports tree at this time.
>>
>> The first step will be a merge of GStreamer 0.10.  When that is
>> complete, the tree will be locked for the GNOME 2.14 merge.  The good
>> news is that this latest update no longer comes with the shared library
>> change for GLib, GTK+, or any other low-level GNOME component, so
>> upgrading will be much easier.
>>
>> I will send out another email when all the dust settles.
>
> Okay, GNOME 2.14 is now in the tree, and things should have settled.
> Please report any problems to gnome at FreeBSD.org.

This is more of a conflict between kde and gnome, than a purely gnome
issue that is why I am sending it to ports.

Will kde work with avahi or will gnome work with mDNSResponder?

===>  avahi-0.6.9_4 conflicts with installed package(s):
      mDNSResponder-107.1_2

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Thanks,

ed