flash plugin

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:10:15 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 16:13 +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> > Today I tested linux-mplayerplug-in 3.21 + linux_base-fc3 and it
> > works great in linux-firefox. You don't need linux-mplayer, the
> > freebsd native versions plays nicely inside linux-firefox. I'll be
> > working on a port in a while.
>
> Any chance this would play .wmv files on amd64 too? Win32-codecs are
> only available for i386, but this (linux-mplayerplugin, linux-firefox,
> linux_base-fc3) is all i386 right?

As I wrote, you don't need linux-mplayer to play videos
in linux-firefox, your native mplayer does all the work
just fine. So if your mplayer can't play wmv, neither can
linux-firefox or any other browser for that matter.

Actually, running i386 freebsd packages on amd64 was
discussed several times, I'll try to test it on my box at
home when I have time.

BTW, I managed to start mplayerplug-in with linux_base-8,
but I needed to copy libstdc++ and libgcc over from fc3. I
placed them directly in plugins dir and everything went
perfect, no warnings from firefox at all. If there are no
objections to this hack, I'll be able to submit a port soon.