FreeBSD Port: latexmk-307a

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Tue Apr 18 12:27:32 UTC 2006

+----[ Dmitriy Shnayder <dis5149 at cs.rit.edu> (18.Apr.2006 01:06):

| When I use the algorithms LaTeX package [1] in a LaTeX document and run
| latexmk to generate a PDF file, the program works. If I place a list of
| algorithms into my document's table of contents, this generates a .loa
| file. When I then tell latexmk to clean up files with "latexmk -c" or
| "latexmk -C" this file remains.

Dmitriy,

first of all I would say that this is not a question that is
specific to the FreeBSD port but to latexmk in general. So
you should try and ask the author of the software or a
latexmk specific forum.

Nevertheless, let me say that this IMO is the right thing to
do. latexmk cannot and should not care about the myriad of
latex packages available on CTAN and try to include the
files they might generate in its cleanup routines.

That's why the author included the ability to configure
latexmk using rc files. Read the man page.

| I would like you to change latexmk and introduce a simple fix for this
| problem. In the cleanup_basic subroutine, add the following line:
|
| unlink("$root_filename.loa");

This is not necessary, as you can set either

[ I have not tested this. Caveat emptor ]
$clean_ext = ".loa" or
$clean_full_ext = ".loa"

in your .latexmkrc file and latexmk will then unlink them as
necessary.  Again, this is all in the documentation of
latexmk.

Hope this helps,

Fernan

+----]