k3b Problems

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 16:49:47 UTC 2006

Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I'm having a problem with k3b burning dvd's. The first dvd burns ok, from an
> iso or copy. If I try and do a second copy, or another copy from a different
> dvd I get the following error:
>
>  /usr/local/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/cd0=/usr/iso/entrepreneur-dvd.iso -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -dvd-compat -speed=5 -overburn -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:32m
> Executing 'builtin_dd if=/usr/iso/entrepreneur-dvd.iso of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k
> seek=0'
> :-[ SET STREAMING failed with SK=5h/ASC=26h/ACQ=00h]: Input/output error

Don't use the k3b option which enables "-use-the-force-luke=notray",
perhaps?  Ejecting the media after a burn seems to re-initialize the
internal state of some burners...

If that doesn't work, turn off the k3b options which are enabling:

    -speed=5 -overburn

...and let dvd+rw-tools burn at its default speed, since you've said those
work better when you've burned by hand.

--
-Chuck