Need help with patching a file in a new port....

Brian Kee brianakee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 20:05:54 PDT 2005

I believe that the top of the patch file will need the relative path to the
file that you want to patch. I remember running into somthing similar a
while back.
 I do not maintain the patch file, so I have to do something like the
following to fix the problem:
 EXTRA_PATCHES+= ${WRKDIR}/<patch_file.diff>
 pre-patch:
${MV} ${WRKDIR}/sguil-0.5.3/sensor/snort_mods/2_1/spp_portscan_sguil.patch
${EXTRA_PATCHES}
${SED} -i .orig -e s,original/patchfile/name.c,path/to/new/name.c,
${EXTRA_PATCHES}

I know that it is not pretty, but it got the job done!
 HTH
 BAK