cvs commit: ports/x11-wm/fvwm2-devel Makefile pkg-plist ports/x11-wm/fvwm2-devel/files patch-configure

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 15 10:16:33 PDT 2005

On Thu, September 15, 2005 12:17 pm, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Well, it doesn't really do much more than that. Some ports want user
> interaction and instead try some default action if BATCH is set. There's
> also the variant where a port could insist on user interaction by setting
> IS_INTERACTIVE, then defining BATCH would skip this port altogether. The
> first variety is pretty rare and I cannot remember any port of the second
> right now.

One example of the second is mail/ecartis, which asks whether to create a
user and a group.  I think that it would be better if IS_INTERACTIVE were
only set on initial install (or if the user and group did not already
exist), but I'm not the maintainer...

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-   /"\
Hostmaster, Huie Kin family website        \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN