errors compiling Kino port

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Thu Sep 8 05:18:57 PDT 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:52:07 +0200
Pierre Beyssac <pb at fasterix.frmug.org> wrote:

> Hi,
Hi Pierre and thanks for your answer.

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 12:12:21PM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > I get error about quicktime.h with or without chosing the QUICKTIME options.
> > quicktime.h can be found in /usr/local/include/lqt/
>
> Yes, previously it was in /usr/local/include/quicktime/ and this
> path has changed in recent versions of quicktime.
>
> > Creating /usr/local/include/quicktime and copying over header files fixes the problem.
>
> Correct.
>
> I think this is actually a quicktime problem regarding ascending
> compatibility, not a kino problem.
>
> I'm not sure the kino port is the most logical place where it should
> be fixed.

IMHO the kino port depends on quicktime and should use the new path of the header files.
Otherwise you get a broken port and complaining on quicktime changing path will not fix it...
FYI I cvsuped ports just before I tried to installed kino.
I suggest to make the quicktime option default in the port as well.

Cheers
Marcin.