sendmail from porst vs vase sendmail (problems)

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Thu Sep 1 17:19:22 PDT 2005

On Sep 1, 2005, at 5:09 PM, stan wrote:

> Isn't that a bit extereme? Espically as it will probably overwrite
> all teh perl modules, and binaries we have installed from ports.

It won't touch anything built from ports.

> There must be a way to build just a subsection of the main tree, no?

Yes, you can manually run mtree to recreate the directory structures
for sendmail, then selectively run make on each of the sendmail
components, then make install the program binaries, but it's a lot
easier to just buildworld+installworld. That way you're guaranteed to
get the same state as if you had just installed (which is what you
asked for).

--lyndon