sendmail from porst vs vase sendmail (problems)

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Sep 1 17:09:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 12:45:37PM -0700, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2005, at 2:16 AM, stan wrote:
>

> >OK. I'll be more specifc. How do I get the sendmail that's distributed
> >with the base system, and all the requisite dirctories, such as
> >/var/spool/mail, rebuilt as they would have been right after the
> >install?
>
> The simplest way would be:
>
>     rm -rf /var/spool/mqueue /var/spool/mail /etc/mail
>     cd /usr/src
>     make buildworld && make installworld

Isn't that a bit extereme? Espically as it will probably overwrite
all teh perl modules, and binaries we have installed from ports.

There must be a way to build just a subsection of the main tree, no?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967