horde, php4.4/php5 and imap over ssl

Bruno Afonso brunomiguel at dequim.ist.utl.pt
Mon Oct 3 22:06:58 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup any kind of webmail that allows imap over ssl, to no
avail.

After I upgraded a box to latest php4.4, latest horde, imp, etc,
whenever I try to login, I get:

child pid <pid_number> exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

So, I thought, ok, this is a horde problem. I then upgraded to latest
php5.0.5 and re-installed a vanilla horde. Everything works fine UNTIL I
change auth to localhost IMAP over SSL. regular IMAP works! Only over
SSL fails.

The same thing happens with IlohaMail port, so this is not a horde alone
problem. Actually, I don't know where the problem is. Isn't anyone out
there running latest ilohamail/horde, php4.4/php5 to access IMAP over SSL?

best
bruno