UPDATING - needs updating?

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:46:14 GMT 2005

Hi

I have noticed that some earlier notices relating to some ports  in UPDATING
appear as though they have been made out of data by newer notices (e.g  kde
20050804 seems to replace 20050324) and sometimes the instructions conflict
with one another. While I presuime the latest notice always takes precedence
I wonder if it would be possible to have notices that are no longer current
removed from UPDATING.

I know I would find it useful to have  an html version of UPDATING with an
index page by port with a link to the notices.  How easy it would be to do
this automatically as UPDATING is upfated I do not know but I throw the idea
out there in case anyone feels like catching it.

david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.