Amarok + postgreSQL version

Luk van den Borne luktheluckyboy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:32:05 PST 2005

2005/11/13, Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org>:
> On Friday, 11. November 2005 23:23, Luk van den Borne wrote:
>
> > I was wondering how (and if) I can select what version of postgreSQL
> > is installed as a dep of amaroK. I'm experimenting with postgres 8.x,
> > and I do not want to run two seperate database backends. By default,
> > postgresql-client-7.4.9 is installed.
>
> FWIW, I'm pretty sure that you can make connections to a postgresql 8.x
> database server using the 7.4 client just fine and you wouldn't need to run
> separate backends, but anyway:

Oh, I did not realise that. I assumed the split was only made in case
you only need a server or a client, but that the versions should match
by all means. Thank you for enlightening me.

> Set the WANT_PGSQL_VER variable to the number suffix of the postgresql ports
> you want - /etc/make.conf is a good place for this:
>
> For a value use 'XY' from the postgresqlXY-client|server ports, for instance
>
> WANT_PGSQL_VER=73 will adjust dependencies to postgresql73-client|server
>
> and
>
> WANT_PGSQL_VER=80 will adjust dependencies to postgresql80-client|server

Is this confguration directive documented somewhere? Of course I did
some searching before posting on this mailing lists, but I was not
able to find it.