Port Version Numbering Question

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Wed Nov 9 11:29:03 PST 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:19:22 -0600
Mark Kane <mark at mkproductions.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm nearing completion of my second FreeBSD port, however I
> have a quick question about a version number.
>
> The version as the author released it is "0.2.6-3". Since this is a new
> port to the FreeBSD ports collection and there was no "0.2.6-1" or
> "0.2.6-2" of this software actually released, I'm not sure if I should
> use PORTREVISION to call it "0.2.6_3" or if I should simply use
> PORTVERSION to call it "0.2.6.3". If neither are correct then how would
> I do this properly?

The second.
The first is not correct because _n signifies PORTREVION (which is
reserved for port changes but he same upstream tarball).

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and
licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
		-- Dr. Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"), stardate unknown