Request for comments: port-tags

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 8 00:56:52 PST 2005

Lars Thegler wrote:
> I suspect most (if not all) tag addition could be done within COMMENT
> itself. For people browsing the portstree through other means, say,
> FreshPorts, improving COMMENT makes very good sense, IMHO.

Writing good COMMENTs is surely a thing to do, but that variable is not
meant to hold many keywords. For ports where we can include all the
relevant tags into the 59-chars COMMENTs, no additional work is needed.
If the keywords are many and don't fit all in the COMMENT field the port
maintainer could insert them into the TAGS variable.

--
Alex Dupre