cvs commit: ports/sysutils/gkrellm2

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 16 08:13:51 PDT 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:04:28 -0400
>>>>> Richard Coleman <rcoleman at criticalmagic.com> said:

rcoleman> Why use GnuTLS by default when we have OpenSSL in the base system?  Is
rcoleman> there a reason to favor GnuTLS in this particular application?

Because, the author of GKrellM think that OpenSSL' license doesn't
match with GPL.  From ChangeLog:

	* Samuel Mimram patch: preferentially link to gnutls over
	  openssl to avoid GPL license compatibility issue.

I think it is better that a package of GKrellM should obey the
author's policy.  So, I choose to use GnuTLS by default.
Still, you can use OpenSSL by specifying WITH_OPENSSL=yes.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/