enigmail-thunderbird doesn't work with latest thunderbird

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 27 01:02:03 PST 2005

Doug Barton wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but with the recent thunderbird
> upgrade I recompiled and reinstalled enigmail as well, and it's not
> working at all. The attached patch is necessary to even get it to build
> and install correctly, however after that it still doesn't work (I.E.,
> it doesn't show up in the menu bar, or in the list of extensions).

Ok, bad news is, I'm apparently an idiot. Good news is, if you follow ALL
the instructions, including removing the contents of the chrome directory,
the new enigmail works with the new thunderbird.

The patch is still needed to fix the port though.

Doug