boinc-client 4.66 and boinc-setiathome 4.07 with GUI support

J.R. Oldroyd fbsd at opal.com
Wed Mar 16 08:02:56 PST 2005

Preliminary versions of net/boinc-client-4.66 and
astro/boinc-setiathome-4.07 with GUI support are
available now at:

	http://opal.com/boinc/

The default builds include the GUI support.  To build
without GUI use "make BOINC_GUI=no" on both ports.

The GUI support uses the x11-toolkits/wxgtk port.  I
have had reports of problems using this on FreeBSD 4.x,
so this may not work there.

Thanks go to Idar Tollefsen for his assistance with
patches for 4.x.

Release of these versions had been delayed for a while
while we developed code changes to support the GUI
protocol in a distributed multi-user environment and
while we solved a problem with signal delivery in a
pthreadded program on an SMP system.

I'd appreciate any feedback before I submit these as
port updates.

In addition, I have been assisting with a native
FreeBSD version of astro/boinc-einsteinathome, or EAH.
This is now working and in final testing.  However, it
will likely not be released as a port; instead, the
binary will be made available as a supported platform
on the EAH site, at least for FreeBSD 5.x/i386 and
6.x/i386.  EAH will require net/boinc-client-4.66 so I
want to get that port update released soon.

Thanks,
	-jr