Cannot install mail/imp or mail/horde on 5.3-RELEASE

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jb.quenot at caraldi.com
Thu Mar 3 04:47:50 PST 2005

JFYI: because of a build problem in sysutils/pecl-fileinfo, if you
ever want  to install  mail/imp on  FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE,  you have
three solutions

1) Upgrade  to -STABLE  as recommended  by Kris.   This is  not a
   solution for me as I can't  afford to upgrade the system.  BTW
   I thought ports  were designed to run on  any FreeBSD version,
   this is not the case apparently.

2) Find a copy of magic.h and copy it to /usr/include

3) Install sysutils/file

See PR 73647 for more details.

Would it be worthwhile to provide a patch to install sysutils/file
if /usr/include/magic.h is not installed?
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/