Cannot install mail/imp or mail/horde on 5.3-RELEASE

Thu Mar 3 05:56:57 PST 2005

Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot at caraldi.com> wrote:

> 1) Upgrade  to -STABLE  as recommended  by Kris.   This is  not a
>   solution for me as I can't  afford to upgrade the system.  BTW
>   I thought ports  were designed to run on  any FreeBSD version,
>   this is not the case apparently.

They are designed to run on all _supported_ FreeBSD versions (5.3-R is one of
them), as far as the software supports the architecture. If it is supposed to
work, but doesn't work, it's a bug.

> Would it be worthwhile to provide a patch to install sysutils/file
> if /usr/include/magic.h is not installed?

I'm sure ale@ (CCed) welcomes a patch.

Bye,
Alexander.

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.