New kind of ports

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Sat Jun 25 19:22:34 GMT 2005

Le Samedi 25 juin 2005 à 17:54 +0200, meka a écrit :
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:12:57 +1000
> Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > In that case you want 'make checksum'. See the 'ports' manpage.
> 	Maybe I didn't express my self right. How about the (meta) rule
> fetch:
> 	checksum || do-fetch

	I'd say either you don't know how the actual infrastructure
	works or you want to do bad things.

	ports/net/ctorrent
	root cream> make checksum
	===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
	=> ctorrent-1.3.4.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist
	in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
	=> Attempting to fetch from
	http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ctorrent/.
	ctorrent-1.3.4.tar.bz2                        100% of   85 kB
	=> Checksum OK for ctorrent-1.3.4.tar.bz2.

> > I'm not sure what you're after here, perhaps misc/porteasy or
> > devel/portcheckout will do what you want.
> 	I didn't test portcheckout, but make as a program work like "satisfy dependencies first, and then the rule". So, this is why I said ports system works weird.

	Just forget about it. It just doesn't work anymore since INDEX
	format changed.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at xbsd.org