Fetch error for mozplugger

Sam Lawrance boris at brooknet.com.au
Fri Jun 3 01:09:15 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 16:50 -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I am getting a fetch error on the mozplugger port I am working on.  The
> url for mozplugger is:
>
> http://download.mozdev.org/mozplugger/mozplugger-1.7.2.tar.gz
>
> So I set PORTNAME, PORTVERSION, and MASTER_SITES as follows:
>
> PORTNAME=      mozplugger
> PORTVERSION=   1.7.2
> MASTER_SITES=  http://download.mozdev.org/mozplugger/
>
> but when I run make fetch it fails as follows:
>
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> => mozplugger-1.7.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
> /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://download.mozdev.org/mozplugger/.
> fetch: http://download.mozdev.org/mozplugger/mozplugger-1.7.2.tar.gz:
> Moved Temporarily

The same problem affected emulators/xzx.  The server uses 302 redirects
to point you to a download mirror.  In the case of xzx I set

FETCH_CMD=	/usr/bin/fetch -Rr

to allow it to follow the redirect.

Or, you could copy some of the mirrors into MASTER_SITES, if they won't
disappear frequently.  wget shows the redirect URL.