ports/74615, deinstall target to stop daemon.

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:20:51 GMT 2005

On 6/1/05, Simon Barner <barner at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you think about this deinstall target? It works, but isn't it a
> bit much bloat?
>
> Otherwise, I have this port ready to commit.

I would get rid of the deinstall target completely.

You should add the following to shutdown the quoted daemon in the
pkg-plist on deinstall:

@unexec %D/etc/rc.d/quoted.sh stop 2>/dev/null || true
etc/rc.d/quoted.sh

If your script is compatible with the rc_NG system, then the stop
should be a forcestop.

Also, if your script fails to remove the *.pid file you may need to
fix it, or convert it to the rc_NG format for rc.d scripts.

Scot
Scot