Lilypond and LaTeX

Matthew Emmerton matt at gabby.gsicomp.on.ca
Thu Jun 2 12:16:06 GMT 2005

[ moving discussion to freebsd-ports ]

> I haven't used Lilypond since last fall. Running the current port
> (lilypond-2.2.2) today, I get the following error message:

> lilypond: error: LaTeX failed on the output file.
> lilypond: error: The error log is as follows:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \kern 098.0248\outputscale \embeddedps
>                                                  {000.0650 000.0650
> -00.187...
> l.164 }
>       %
> The control sequence
> LATEX output to `chorosClaves.latex'...
> TEX output to `chorosClaves.tex'...
>
> The ly file is one that I've run Lilypond on before, without problem.
>
> None of this means anything to me. I searched the archives but didn't
> see a bug report or any discussion of this problem. Is this a bug in the
> port?

This sounds like a bug in the port, as it appears to be outputing bogus
LaTeX code.  This could mean one of two things (at the least):
1) lilypond has a bug
2) port is not prereq'ing the proper version of LaTeX or related tools.

If you can send me your .ly file via private mail, I can take a stab at
analysing the problem in more depth in the next few days.

--
Matt Emmerton