security/courier-authlib and courier user

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Sun Jul 24 13:09:49 GMT 2005

Hi,

After using courier-authlib with maildrop (from sendmail) and
courier-imap, I can't see any reason to have a courier user.

This seems more a need of the courier mailer, and maybe of the tarball
build/install system (I doubt).

So, I'm thinking about the convenience of don't do any courier user work
and do a rcNg for the courier mailer that fire-up all the components
(and not use courier-authlib rcNG for courier mailer).  I think the
courier user only matters to the courier mailer.

Any comments on this are welcome.

--
  josemi