Problem with Postfix upgrade

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Tue Jul 19 23:20:54 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 00:47, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I just upgraded Postfix on a server, and now I'm getting pipe errors in the
> maillog.
>
> Jul 19 17:38:47 stovebolt postfix/pipe[4354]: fatal: invalid option: ?
> Jul 19 17:38:48 stovebolt postfix/master[4180]: warning: process
> /usr/local/libexec/postfix/pipe pid 4354 exit status 1
> Jul 19 17:38:48 stovebolt postfix/master[4180]: warning:
> /usr/local/libexec/postfix/pipe: bad command startup -- throttling
>
> Googling reveals that this is apparently a problem with the FreeBSD port
> linking with what Weitse calls "a braindead GNU GETOPT".  Does anyone know
> about this problem?  Is it possible to reverse the upgrade without linking
> to the same braindead GETOPT?
>
> How do I fix the problem?

That would suggest that either the port is broken or perhaps not supported on
your (4.x?) system. Or that Wietse has a solution for it and that should go
into the port (maybe using our libc's getopts rather than gnu's). Someone at
some stage probably would like a patch. I don't know more about this to
comment any further but this seems to be the scenario at work here.

HTH,

Dan