[HEADS UP] PostgreSQL ports split into -server & -client

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon Jan 31 05:38:20 PST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:49:34 +0100
dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer) wrote:

> Craig Boston schrieb:,
>
> > With 8.0 out and and 7.x likely continuing to be used in production
> > environments for quite some time, it would be nice to have a standard way
> > to select which combination of version and server/client to be used (if
> > there isn't one already; I'm about to go look at the new ports).
>
> I used this macro in bind9-dlz/Makefile:
> POSTGRESQL_PORT?=	databases/postgresql7
> LIB_DEPENDS=		pq.3:${PORTSDIR}/${POSTGRESQL_PORT}

What about a user settable WITH_PGSQL_VER equivalent of
DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER  like in MySQL case ?

And: I've set in my mail/dspam's Makefile:
  .if defined(WITH_POSTGRESQL)
  USE_PGSQL=      yes
+ WANT_PGSQL_VER= 99
+ DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER=      99
+ BROKEN_WITH_PGSQL=      74

and it doesn't complain, just goes on and compiles with the install headers;
having this installed:
 # pkg_info -I postg\*
postgresql-7.4.6    The most advanced open-source database available anywhere
postgresql-docs-7.4.6 The PostgreSQL documentation set

And I don't understand it, it should bark on this else:
# And now we are checking if we can use it
.if exists(${PORTSDIR}/databases/postgresql${PGSQL_VER}-client)
.else
BROKEN=         "unknown PostgreSQL version: ${PGSQL_VER}"

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"