Gimp-2.2.2 wants freetype-2.1.7; but I already have ?!?!

spam maps spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 01:54:12 PST 2005

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:30:28AM -0800, spam maps
> wrote:
>
> > > Do you have other old freetype files installed?
> > > Check with pkg_which
> > > (in the portupgrade package) - see the manpage.
> >
> > Sorry, but I can't make any sense of manpage of
> > pkg_which, at least for solving my problem.
>
> EXAMPLES
>      o   Get a list of files under /usr/local and
> /usr/X11R6 that do not
>          belong to any package:
>
>                find /usr/local /usr/X11R6 -type f |
> xargs pkg_which -v | fgrep
>                '?'

Ah, well, yes, I tried that.
This is a long list of files, that do not seem
to indicate problems with freetype. But I would
appreciate if you have time to double check the
output of this command at:

  http://surfion.snu.ac.kr/lahaye/freetype2

Meanwhile, I have another PC, that had no gimp
installed, but had freetype2. I installed gimp, and
got the same message complaining about freetype 2.1.4.

Two days ago I upgraded freetype2 on all my PCs
from version ?? to 2.1.7.
I actually wonder if this upgrade of freetype2 is
broken.

Rob.