Why does everybody switch to dynamic plists?

Sat Jan 22 02:25:42 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:11:08 +1100
Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:52:02PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > can someone please tell me why people enjoy to use dynamic plists, even
> > when there was a static plist already?
>
> Can you maybe explain what you mean with a dynamic plist and with
> a static plist?

A dynamic plist gets generated in each build of the port by port
specific commands in the Makefile (e.g. www/mozilla).

A static plist is available from CVS (PLIST_FILES, PLIST_DIRS in the
Makefile or the ordinary pkg-plist file) and may contain variable
elements like "%%OPTION%%".

Bye,
Alexander.

--
         The computer revolution is over. The computers won.