Why does everybody switch to dynamic plists?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri Jan 21 15:11:13 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:52:02PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> can someone please tell me why people enjoy to use dynamic plists, even
> when there was a static plist already?

Can you maybe explain what you mean with a dynamic plist and with
a static plist?

For example, a pkg-plist file with %%WITH_IPV6%% in the front, which
get commented out if the use has WITHOUT_IPV6 set, is that a static
or a dynamic one?

For example, PLIST_FILES= foor/bar, which doesn't change ever, is
that a static or a dynamic one?

Please make clear what you are talking about before giving your
pros and cons.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org