Fix -pthread issue on lang/gcc3[34]

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 15 13:03:57 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> David already patched both mainline and 3.4 branch on FSF.
>
> Thus, I think it is OK to have an equivalent port patch at least
> until you start to use an FSF release with the patch.

For the FreeBSD ports collection I am using snapshot of the FSF release
branches (since these should get increasingly more stable and better and
releases do not get specific QA), so whatever is committed to gcc.gnu.org
usually ends up in the FreeBSD ports collection within a week. ;-)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Loren James Rittle wrote:
>> I did not realize GCC 3.3 was still being updated.  Loren do I have your
>> permission to commit the GCC 3.4 fix into the 3.3 branch?  I assume this
>> branch is open to bug fixes?
> You do indeed.  Yes, definitely open to per-port bug fixes.  Note: It
> is unknown to me (at least) whether another release will ever spin off
> that branch.

GCC 3.3 is still being updated and I believe the release manager is
planning to do another (final?) release at some time in spring...

Gerald