Odd behavior with perl upgrade...

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Tue Feb 22 00:31:55 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:13:15AM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Anyway, to make a long story short, I deleted all the left-over
> lines in /etc/make.conf which had anything to do with perl.  I
> then did a 'portupgrade -f p5-\*', which caused perl-5.8.6_2
> to be rebuilt one more time,

Perl was rebuilt exactly because you removed the relevant lines from
/etc/make.conf.

> then rebuilt all the p5-* ports, and then things seemed to be okay.
> Not sure what was wrong.  It might have been that I had two different
> versions of perl installed at the time I started out.

That should have not been a problem, and it's difficult to say what was
the problem without more details.  Do you remember what version of perl
was installed on the box before the upgrade?

\Anton.
--
The moronity of the universe is a monotonically increasing function. --
Jarkko Hietaniemi