FreeBSD Port: perl5.8-5.8.6_2

Eliot Earle sfromley at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 5 05:16:07 PST 2005

Hullo there Perl5.8 port maintainers.

Further to your comments in /usr/ports/UPDATING, I thought I'd drop you
a line and tell you about the shell script I'd written to automate the
complete perl5.8 reinstall process.

It's based around the pkg_info/xargs line you wrote, for which I thank
you, but uses the results in a way I found to be more robust here.

Obviously, feel free to use it, pass it around, or bin it. Whichever you
think is the more appropriate.

I have made an explanatory page at
http://wiki.cat5.org/index.php/perlfix or if you'd prefer something
curlable, just the script is at http://www.fromley.com/perlfix.txt