ggv2, seahorse, gpdf, gdm2 vs. textproc/p5-XML-Parser

Vladimir Chukharev chu at h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi
Sat Feb 5 04:30:29 PST 2005

(Reposting this from -x11 to -ports, sorry for the mess)

Hi.

I want this to be archieved.

Short: forced reinstall of textproc/p5-XML-Parser might be needed
to upgrade ggv2, seahorse, gpdf, and gdm2.

Longer: Yesterday my regular run of portupgrade had problems
upgrading the following ports.
$ portversion -vL=
gdm2-2.6.0.6_1              <  needs updating (port has 2.6.0.7)
ggv2-2.8.2                  <  needs updating (port has 2.8.3)
gpdf-2.8.2                  <  needs updating (port has 2.8.3)
iwi-firmware-1.2            ?  error - origin not found
seahorse-0.7.5              <  needs updating (port has 0.7.5_1)

(iwi-firmware is installed separately, so just don't pay attention to it.)
IIRC, ggv2, gpdf and seahorse had configure errors, and gdm2 unknown build error.
Since configure of seahorse said something like 'you should have XML::Parser module
installed', and I did have it installed, of course, I ran
     portupgrade -m BATCH=yes -f textproc/p5-XML-Parser
Next
    portupgrade -m BATCH=yes -a
cleanly upgraded the 4 ports.

I believe this is connected to the perl upgrade. Perhaps, I missed that this port
failed upgrade (see UPDATING entry 20050201).

Hope this can help somebody.
--
V.Chukharev