HEADS UP: MFC of local_startup changes to rc.d complete

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Fri Dec 23 09:52:18 PST 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:38:15 +0100
Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> wrote:

> On Friday 23 December 2005 15:19, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure this is the way to go, but ...
> >
> > Can someone put a document on what is the desired model?  I think we
> > have too much little pieces of disperse notes about this.
> >
> > Also, some working notes about ports and RELENG_4/RELENG_5 src
> > issues will be of interest.
> >
> > Hope this can be tweak in time for 6.1 (Jan).
>
> 	Convert your old script to rcNG scripts and use USE_RC_SUBR=
> script.sh. Ensure that the rcorder preamble contains meaningful
> keywords (PROVIDES, REQUIRES, BEFORE, ...) for all your rcNG scripts.
> bsd.port.mk should do the rest.

You should actually convert your old script to a ``rc.d'' script,
that's how they are called now.

Also, if your script is rc.d compatible you should use:
USE_RC_SUBR=script (without .sh)
For now it doesn't matter because bsd.port.mk install all USE_RC_SUBR
scripts with .sh extension, but see below

 [ ... ]

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

root rot