Bug[?] In new local_startup and postgresql

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 21 16:43:36 PST 2005

Please don't cross-post.

Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:50:07 +0100
> Cristiano Deana <cristiano.deana at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After a today upgrade to 6-STABLE postgresql doesn't start at boot.
>> Strange beavior, if I run `/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh start' it
>> starts correctly.
>> 010.pgsql.sh is the same of updated ports.
>>
>> This is 010.pgsql.sh :
>> http://www.deana.it/010.pgsql.sh
>>
>> Doug, this is resuls of running `sh rc' whit your patch:
>> http://www.deana.it/rc.late

The only thing odd I see there is that 010.pgsql.sh is run after
000.pkgtools.sh. I think the latter is for portupgrade, yes? If so, that
shouldn't make any difference, right?

The other possibility is that postgres is depending on something that has
not yet been converted, so it's running out of localpkg. Try adding a line
like this below the REQUIRE line that is already there:

# REQUIRE: localpkg

>> # grep postgresql_enable /etc/rc.conf
>> postgresql_enable="YES"
>>
>> This is the only one script doesn't working
>
> On your system :)
> Squid and samba have been reported on ports and I'm working on cups,
> which with the current script behaves strangely like it doesn't receive
> "start".

Strange, is that with the latest version of the cups port? I fixed a problem
with the boot script (it has a PROVIDE line in it, but shouldn't).

Doug