Bug[?] In new local_startup and webmin3 (fixed)

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:38:50 PST 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 10:59 am, Doug Barton wrote:
> Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> > Strange, I have all those directories and there is a pidfile
> > in /var. /usr/local/etc/webmin is the main webmin directory, and there is
> > a shell script named "start". Running the rc.d script from the command
> > line does start the miniserv.pl process.
>
> Ok, I missed the fact that there is a setup script that you have to run
> after the port is done installing, so I have all that stuff now.
>
> > Removing the webmin_enable="NO" didn't
> > change anything, it still doesn't start from boot.
>
> Are you sure that you have webmin_enable="yes" in /etc/rc.conf or
> /etc/rc.conf.local? I just tried booting twice, once with the =NO line
> still in the script (and =YES in /etc/rc.conf.local) and it did not work.
> Once I removed that =NO line from the script, it worked fine.

I found the fix. Removing the "PROVIDE" line fixes the script and it now
starts properly at boot. Should I send a PR on this?

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com