wine ignoring "Windows", "Profile" values in config

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Apr 29 11:07:59 PDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Richard Bradley wrote:
> I have wine-20050419 running on 5.3-RELEASE, but I'm having trouble
> getting it to use my Windows2000 NTFS partition mounted as read only.
>
> Specifically it seems to be completely ignoring paths in the "[wine]"
> section of the config file.
>
> I can write things like:
>
> [wine]
> "Windows"="asdfasdfc:\\WINNT"
>
> and it runs without complaint.
>
> This is a problem for me because it also ignores the "Profile" value, and
> gives the following error:
>
> err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory 'L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\rich\\Desktop"'.
>
> It should be looking in
> "Profile"="c:\\Documents and Settings\\rich"

I tried this on a 5.3-RELEASE machine with the current CVS sources of
Wine and could not reproduce this.

Note that I used current sources as opposed to the 20050419 snapshot
and I'd be surprised for this to make a difference, but I'll try. However,
I do not have access to NTFS volumes, just native ones, so perhaps that
makes a difference?

> Please could you give me some pointers on what can I do to fix this?

I'll try to reproduce with the "old" snapshot, but if I cannot, I
recommend to contact the upstream developers (see http://www.winehq.com
for details).

Gerald
--