Ruby-gems in the ports tree

Jonathan Weiss tomonage1 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 13:43:50 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I have some questions regarding my effort to port some ruby apps. Many ruby
apps use ruby-gems for dependencies and install. (Ruby-gems can be compared
to Perl CPAN).

How should I map this with the ports tree? I know that cpan-ports use some
magic in order to register installed cpan-libs. How do I implement this for
ruby-gems?

I want to make some ruby applications like Hiraki oder typo availiable as a
port. They use ruby on rails and other libraries that are avaliable as gems.
Should I make a port for each library?

Greets,
Jonathan