FreeBSD Port: wget-1.8.2_6

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 15 14:51:32 PDT 2005

On 2005.04.15 14:51:51 +0200, Steve Clement wrote:

> Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
>
> > The security issues in wget are somewhat fundamental and not easy
> > to fix. There are currently no fix available, and I have no idea
> > when (or if) there will be a fix available.
>
> Indeed, what would be a good or even better equivalent?
>
> ftp/prozilla
> ftp/mget
> ftp/wgetpro
>
> so many to chose from :)

As flz said, wgetpro is also affected by the vulnerabilities, I don't
know the other ones.

The new wget 1.10alpha1 and newer aren't affected, so I just updated
VuXML to state this.  Note that I haven't tried the new wget, so I
don't know how stable etc. it is, but it might be with a try (it's the
ftp/wget-devel port at the moment).

--
Simon L. Nielsen