SpamAssassin 3

Sascha Holzleiter sascha at daemonground.de
Sat Sep 25 14:05:04 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 22:30 +0200, Thomas E. Zander wrote:

> Perhaps a small suggestion by my side.
> In the past I sometimes forgot to set a maximum child number for spamd,
> and ran into some mem problems. Perhaps it would be useful to limit
> this by default to a reasonable value in the startup script?

Looks like this has been taken care of by the developers themselves as
the UPGRADE file states:

- "spamd" now has a default max-children setting of 5; no more than 5
  child scanner processes will be run in parallel.  Previously, there was
  no default limit unless you specified the "-m" switch when starting
  spamd.

--
  Sascha