Xerces Library Dependencies

Debayan Chaudhuri debayan at rebaca.com
Mon Sep 20 09:02:46 PDT 2004

Hi,

  I am trying to install the Xerces C++ library on FreeBSD 4.9. I found out
that xerces-c1.7.0_1 is the latest Xerces port available on FreeBSD. However,
I noted a discrepancy in the dependency list - which might lead to the
package not installing properly.

1) xerces-c1.7.0_1 depends on expat-1.95.8; which in turn depends on
libtool-1.3.5_2
2) xerces-c1.7.0_1 also depends on libiconv-1.9.2_1; which in turn depends
on libtool-1.5.8

  Thus we have 2 dependencies of the Xerces package that are themselves
dependent on 2 different versions of the libtool package. I suppose we cannot
have 2 versions of libtool simultaneously on the system; so we'll have to go
for libtool-1.5.8. Will expat-1.95.8 work with libtool-1.5.8 ?

regards,
Debayan.

P.S. - Will this version of the Xerces library be compatible with FreeBSD
4.9 ?