Drop of portindex

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Wed Sep 15 17:30:43 PDT 2004

Mike Edenfield said the following on 9/15/2004 8:26 PM:

> Of course, the author clearly doesn't want his software distributed,
> so it would (IMO) violate the spirit of community software development
> to go against his wishes, but the legal footing for the package is
> pretty confusing.

I'd be more concerned with what else he's planning on contributing and
yanking back when it gets "too popular."

Didn't he mention working on writable ufs2 snapshots? What would happen
to his contributed code should he decide to pull a "portindex" again? :-/

Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759