submitting changes to a port

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Sep 10 16:24:37 PDT 2004

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

> Walter Venable wrote:
>
> > There are also wonderful tools just for port submitters.  Check out
> > the "porttools" port.
>
> I've looked at it, and though it makes some things clear.
> It does not get me where I want to go:
>     a new (second) submission of  a PR with patchfiles.

The preferred way to deal with this (IMHO) is to instead send a followup
to the original PR with the new sharfile.  Alternatively, just mention
in the second PR's Synopsis that it obsoletes the first one (e.g.
'supercedes ports/77777').  That way myself or one of the other ports
committers will know to close that one.

mcl