portsdb and ruby bug on 4-STABLE

Rob B rbyrnes at mailshack.com
Wed Sep 8 16:20:55 PDT 2004

At 09:46 AM 8/09/2004, Mike Edenfield wrote:
>Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>>A better workaround is this:
>>1.) Install the databases/ruby-bdb port.
>>2.) Set an environment variable PORTS_DBDRIVER to bdb-btree (or bdb_hash)
>>This will change the portsdb's database backend from the libc-builtin
>>bdb1 to a later berkeley db (you can set which one via the WITH_BDB_VER
>>switch in the ruby-bdb port).
>>You can also change the driver for pkgdb by setting PKG_DBDRIVER.
>
>IMO, this is the best solution so far.  So I would like to mention that
>the easiest way to do this would be to add the following lines to your
>/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
>
>ENV['PORTS_DBDRIVER'] = 'bdb_btree'
>ENV['PKG_DBDRIVER'] = 'bdb_btree'
>
>This way, all of the package tools will always see the replacement driver,
>regardless of the state of the environment when you run them :)

For the record - Alpha arch does not exhibit this problem.  This is on both
5.3-BETA and 4.10-STABLE

Yay!

Cheers,
Rob

--
You have been selected for a secret mission.

This is random quote 1242 of 1265.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5